About the Director
Andrew B. Stone, PE, is the senior appointed official in the city administration. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from The Ohio State University, a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from Ohio University, a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Ohio. He also serves as an engineer officer in the Ohio Army National Guard. He has worked for the city since 2003.
Please feel free to contact me at (740) 592-3340 with any questions you may have. My duties include:
- Fulfills the duties of the Director of Public Safety and Director of Public Service under ORC chapters 735 and 736.
- Supervision of the department heads for the police, fire, engineering and public works, code enforcement, arts/parks/recreation, and lands & buildings departments.
- Coordinates the activities of city departments, developers, contractors, and consultants.
- Works with other elected officials to implement the Mayor’s policies.
- Represents the city to external agencies and organizations.
- Responds to citizen concerns and issues.